How to Get Hulu on Roku? – [May, 2022 Update]
Watching a movie alone is cool, but the real fun lies in a big family movie night on your flat screen. But are you unaware of how to get Hulu in Canada on Roku? Worry not, because we have the right fix for that so you can watch the latest trending movies on Hulu with your family.
Hulu is currently upgrading its system and hence is not available on older Roku devices. Moreover, the latest app supports VOD along with Live TV, Add ons, and all the premium features.
How to Get Hulu on Roku: Easy Steps
The Roku devices currently do not support any VPN; in order to connect it to one, you need either a VPN Wi-Fi router or Smart DNS. You can follow the below steps to configure a VPN:
- Subscribe to a reliable and robust VPN; ExpressVPN is our top choice.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Sign in using your credentials and connect to a server from the US.
- Visit the Roku configuration section (owner.roku.com).
- Complete the account set up and mention the US as your country.
- Use an American zip code.
- Reset your Roku device by long-pressing the Reset button for at least 15 seconds.
- When the device restarts, log in with your new credentials of a US-based Roku account.
How to Set Up a US Roku Account: Video Tutorial
How to install Hulu on Roku
Installing Hulu on your Roku is pretty easy if you already have an active Hulu subscription.
Here’s how you can install Hulu on Roku
- Using Roku remote, press the Home button, search Channels, and type Hulu into the search bar.
- Click the option and hit add channel, and wait till the download process completes.
- Go back to the Roku home screen, and you will see the Hulu app.
Please note, while opening the app for the first time, you need to sign in using your Hulu credentials.
Follow the steps below to set up a VPN on your router to get Hulu in Canada on Roku:
How to Set up a Virtual Router on Windows
- Visit Settings on your PC and go to Network & Internet, turn on Mobile hotspot.
- Select Wi-Fi on the “Share my internet connection” option.
- Click Edit and create a new network and password.
- On your right, click on “Change adapter options.”
- Now in the “Network Connections” screen, enter the new network name.
- Right-click on “ExpressVPN Tap Adapter” and go to properties.
- Over there, click on “Sharing” and you’ll create a hotspot for other devices to connect.
- Select the name of the internet connection you made in the dropdown menu, and select “OK.”
- Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to servers from the USA (Recommended servers: New York, Denver, and Atlanta).
- Now open your Roku device and to your new virtual router with a US server.
Just find your way through the streaming apps Roku offers and look for Hulu, download, and install. Once you are done with that, just sign in using your credentials. Finally, grab your popcorn now for an epic family movie night with your family.
Roku devices Supporting Hulu
There are various Roku devices that allow you to watch Hulu. Some devices are also compatible with 4k streaming. You can use the following devices;
- Roku 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku TV
- Roku Express & Express+
- 4K Roku Ultra & Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Premiere & Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick & Streaming Stick+
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
Latest Hulu App for Roku devices
The Latest Hulu app is available on the following Roku devices:
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku 3 and 4
- Roku 2 (model 4210X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500X or later)
- Roku TV
- 4k Roku TV
Classic Hulu App for Roku devices
While the Classic Hulu app, which only supports the VOD from the streaming library, supports the following Roku devices:
- Roku 2 (model 2720X)
- Roku 1 (model 2710X)
- Roku LT (model 2700X)
First, you need to know is that Hulu is only available in the United States. Due to copyright and content licensing issues, the production houses running the content on Hulu have only made it visible for viewers in the US.
However, you can still get Hulu in Canada with the help of the best VPNs. A technological miracle that helps you virtually cross the borders from Canada to the US. In short, the process is simple and super convenient for people who live in restricted regions.
Moreover, a VPN masks your original IP address and disguises it with a temporary one from the US. Therefore, this act shifts your location virtually from Canada to the US, manipulating the Hulu bots by making you look like a United States resident. So, you can now easily access Hulu.com and sign-up using an American credit card.
Besides, if you want a detailed guide on how to do that, then head over to our Hulu in Canada blog for all the tiny details.
Roku Devices that Don’t work with Hulu
The following Roku devices don’t work with Hulu:
- Roku LT model 2400X & 2450X
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X & 3050X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku Stick models 3400X & 3420X
Roku TV Models compatible with Hulu
The following Roku TV models are compatible with Hulu:
Other streaming services available on Roku
Using Roku you can also enjoy the following streaming services.
- Amazon Prime Video
- Disney Plus
- Apple TV Plus
- BBC iPlayer
- Now TV
What can I watch on Hulu with Roku?
Using Roku, you can watch 2,000+ movies and 1,000+ TV shows on Hulu, including Originals, like The Handmaid’s Tale. Moreover, numerous documentaries and family-friendly programs are available.
Notably, Hulu + Live TV allows you to watch 65+ channels, including various major TV Networks, local news, and sports channels, for $64.99 per month.
Besides, Hulu allows you to customize your subscription plan to enjoy any of your favourite networks like Cinemax, HBO Max, Stars, Showtime, and more.
How to Get Hulu on Roku – FAQs
When it comes to learning how to get Hulu on Roku in Canada, you might find yourself asking some questions. Here I highlight some frequently asked questions with answers.
Why is Hulu not available on my Roku?
Hulu will not be available on your Roku if it is outdated. It means you need to update your Roku device to resolve this issue. To do so, turn on the Roku device, navigate to the setting, then go to the System tab and select Software update.
Is Hulu free on Roku?
Yes, you can avail Hulu Free trial to experience Roku including Roku 3 & 4, Roku TV, Roku Express and Express+, Roku Streaming Sticks (3600 or higher), 4K Roku TV, Roku Premiere and Premiere+, and Roku Ultra.
How much does Hulu cost on Roku?
It costs you $ 5.99 per month (with ads). It includes offers a one-month free trial. However, if you can’t tolerate ads, you need to pay $ 11.99 per month with a one-month free trial.
How do I update Hulu on Roku?
To update it, follow the below steps:
- Visit the Roku home page and select Settings
- SElect System Update and hit Check Now and click OK.
Which Roku players support Hulu + Live TV
Most Roku players support Hulu + Live TV, except a few older versions that don’t work with Live TV. Old models like 2400 to 3100 and the Sticks model 3420 or earlier can’t support Hulu + Live TV.
Why won’t Hulu open on my Roku?
If Hulu doesn’t open on your Roku, try the below steps:
- Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > restart.
- For Roku TV, you need to navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart.
- Reinstall the channel. Please note, you will find these channels at the end of the channel grid.
Getting Hulu on Roku is a little tricky. However, the article above provides you with all the necessary details that how to get Hulu on Roku in Canada and how to fix related issues. If you still have any queries, feel free to drop your comment below.