How to Get Hulu on Apple TV in Canada [June 2021 Updated]
Having the new Apple TV device for your TV is a significant investment, but what is the point of it when you can’t watch your favourite Hulu shows and movies on it due to geo-restrictions? To relieve you from this trouble, we have the right tactics to make it all possible.
So you don’t have to worry about how to get Hulu in Canada on Apple TV, because this guide will tell you how to do so. It’s no news that Hulu is only available in the US, and it may not expand globally for another year or two, or ever!
Who knows. But we can’t just wait for that long, so we decided to research a bit to figure out the right way to make Hulu in Canada on Apple TV possible. Truth be told, we didn’t have to struggle a lot with our research, because the answer was right there in front of us, a VPN!
VPNs act as a disguise for your location-based IP address, making it look like you are currently accessing Hulu from the United States rather than Canada. Moreover, it also acts as a protective shield for your online activity and presence, so it’s a win-win situation.
Below are the techniques you need to follow in order if you want to get Hulu on Apple TV via ExpressVPN.
How to Get Hulu on Apple TV in Canada
Since Apple TV does not support a direct VPN connection, you have to depend on other methods for watching Hulu in Canada on Apple TV. In addition to getting a pre-configured router from ExpressVPN, we recommend the following setup methods:
- Using a VPN via AirPlay (No Router Method)
- Configuring a VPN on Your Wi-Fi Router
- Set Up a SmartDNS Proxy on Apple TV
1. Using a VPN via AirPlay (No Router Method)
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Download the relevant app for your iOS device.
- Launch ExpressVPN and enter your login credentials.
- Connect to a VPN server that is located in the US.
- Launch the Netflix application and play a video.
- Ensure that your TV and iOS are connected on the same network.
- On your iOS device, click on “Screen Mirror” and select your Apple TV
- Enjoy streaming Hulu in Canada on your Apple TV!
2. Configuring a VPN on Your Wi-Fi Router
- Enter 192.168.1.1 into the URL of your browser to open the Router Dashboard
- Open the “Services” tab and from the options click on “VPN”
- Next to the “Start OpenVPN Client” box, click on the “Enable” button.
- Add the relevant router settings from ExpressVPN via this guide.
- In the server selection menu, make sure to choose a server from the US.
- Reset the router and connect your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Netflix app on your Apple TV and the US library should be available!
3. How to Get Hulu on Apple TV using Smart DNS
- Launch your Apple TV device and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Navigate to “General” and select “Network”.
- Choose “Wi-Fi” and open “Ethernet”.
- Go to “Configure DNS” and switch it to “Manual”.
- Enter a DNS server address manually.
- You can get one from ExpressVPN or here.
- Tit the “Confirm” button and go to “Settings”.
- Navigate to “General” and click on iTunes Store.
- Open the “Location” menu and select a suitable country.
- Put Apple TV in “Sleep Now” and unplug the Apple TV Power Cord.
- Plug the cord back in and enjoy easy unblocking via SmartDNS/Proxy.
While the significant process is complete, the only thing left to do is get Hulu on Apple TV. That process is simple too. Just visit the App Store on your Apple TV and download Hulu. Sign in and stream away!
If you want to know more about Hulu and how to make an account on Hulu in Canada, then head over to our leading guide, which will guide you thoroughly on creating an account on Hulu using an American location and credit card.