How to Get Hulu on Apple TV in Canada (Mar. 2021)
Having the new Apple TV device for your TV is a significant investment, but what is the point of it when you can’t watch your favourite Hulu shows and movies on it due to geo-restrictions? To relieve you from this trouble, we have the right tactics to make it all possible. So you don’t have to worry about how to get Hulu in Canada on Apple TV, because this guide will tell you how to do so.
It’s no news that Hulu is only available in the US, and it may not expand globally for another year or two, or ever! Who knows. But we can’t just wait for that long, so we decided to research a bit to figure out the right way to make Hulu in Canada on Apple TV possible.
Truth be told, we didn’t have to struggle a lot with our research, because the answer was right there in front of us, a VPN!
Virtual Private Network, aka a VPN, acts as a disguise for your location-based IP address, making it look like you are currently accessing Hulu from the United States rather than Canada. Moreover, it also acts as a protective shield for your online activity and presence, so it’s a win-win situation for you.
Below are the techniques you need to follow in order if you want to get Hulu on Apple TV via Surfshark.
How to Get Hulu on Apple TV in Canada
Since Apple TV does not support a direct VPN connection, we recommend an alternative Smart DNS method for you to watch Hulu in Canada on Apple TV.
Below are all the methods you need to follow to activate Smart DNS on your Apple TV.
How to Activate Smart DNS through a VPN
- Visit the Surfshark website and subscribe to one of their plans.
- Download and install the app and log in using your credentials.
- Head over to https://account.surfshark.com/login and select the Smart DNS option.
- Scroll down and click on Activate.
- Verify your real IP address. Do not connect to a VPN at this stage.
- This may take some time, but click refresh if nothing happens.
- When the whole process is done, check your email for the confirmation of your IP address. Don’t forget to select the USA as your country.
- Lastly, set up that DNS address on your Apple TV.
How to get Hulu on Apple TV using Smart DNS
- Turn on your Apple TV device and go to the Settings option.
- Visit Network > Wi-Fi and select your desired connection.
- Click on Configure DNS > Manual, now enter the DNS address from your Surfshark account.
- You’re good to go now! You have successfully set up a Smart DNS connection on your Apple TV.
While the significant process is complete, the only thing left to do is get Hulu on Apple TV. That process is simple too. Just visit the App Store on your Apple TV and download Hulu. Sign in and stream away!
If you want to know more about Hulu and how to make an account on Hulu in Canada, then head over to our leading guide, which will guide you thoroughly on creating an account on Hulu using an American location and credit card.