How to get Hulu on Android in Canada [May 2021 Updated]
A recent study by Statista reveals that more than 45% of the online videos are watched on smartphones and tablets worldwide. Considering this, Hulu and other streaming services provide offer Free Apps for smartphone users. However, if you are wondering how to get Hulu in Canada on Android, you will need a VPN.
You probably know that Hulu is only available in the US. However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t access Hulu in Canada. This guide will explain how you can get Hulu on your Android phones using a VPN while residing in Canada. Let’s get started!
How to Watch Hulu on Android devices in Canada
Hulu offers Apps for almost every device you use, including android. If you are wondering how to unblock Hulu on Android devices while living in Canada, you will need to invest in a VPN and follow the instructions below:
Watch Hulu on Android Phone in Canada: Quick Steps
- Create your Account for ExpressVPN.
- OpenGoogle Play Store on your Android.
- Download the ExpressVPN app and install it.
- Run the ExpressVPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Select any US-based server manually from the list.
- Now, you can watch Hulu on your Android phone!
Still, wandering to download Hulu App on your Android Phone or Tablet? To download Hulu App, follow the simple steps below:
How to Download Hulu App on Android: Quick Steps
- Using your Android phone, go to the Google Play Store or hit the icon from the Home screen and search for “Hulu.”
- Click the Hulu icon
- Hit to Install, then confirm by clicking OK
Please Note: Hulu App is available for Android Model 5.0 and Above and the required minimum screen size is 800×480 pixels.
Hulu supported Models for Android TV
- Nvidia Shield
- Xiaomi devices
- Hisense Android TV
- Sony Bravia Android TV
- Chromecast with Google TV
Please Note: To access the Hulu app using your remote control, you need to disable Text-to-Speech (TTS) that automatically enables when you turn on Hulu. To disable TTS, navigate to Account -> Settings -> Text-to-Speech using the app.
Hulu Apps: Classic and the latest
Hulu offers two different versions of the app: Classic and Latest, with the following difference in available content and features.
Classic Hulu App
The classic Hulu app allows you to access the Hulu library on various devices like Apple TV (3rd generation), LG TVs, Samsung TVs, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players, Roku and Roku Stick, TiVo, and VIZIO TVs. However, it doesn’t allow you to access Hulu live TV and Premium Add-ons.
The Latest Hulu App
Hulu’s latest app allows you to access the Hulu library on various devices, including all devices compatible with the classic app and Android devices, iPhone, tablet, iPad, Chromecast, Echo Show, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation, and Xbox. Besides, you can content from live TV and Premium Add-ons if subscribed.
What can you do with the new Hulu app on Android TV?
The new Hulu app offers more features to enhance your streaming experience. The additional features of the new Hulu app are listed below:
- Creation of profile for multiple users
- Watch Cinemax, Showtime, HBO (if subscribed)
- Access the entire library of on-demand content
- Stream Hulu+Live TV with the condition of subscription
- Allow using browsing Guide while watching content.
- Customize option to organize and save your favorite shows
How to get Hulu on Android: FAQs
When it comes to how to get Hulu on Android, you may find yourself asking some questions. Here I highlight frequently asked questions with answers:
Why is my device not compatible with Hulu?
Generally, if your device does not have a Google Play store or other Google apps (Gmail, Maps, etc.), you will not be able to use Hulu. If you have trouble downloading the app, we recommend you upgrade to the current version of Android OS.
How do I download Hulu content to my android?
if you have subscribed for Hulu (No Ads) or Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV, you can access downloadable content with few simple steps given below
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network,
- Open Search from the navigation bar
- Click Downloadable from the menu
- Swipe to browse available collections
- Select any type of content available to download
- Press the Download icon from the Details page
What devices can you get Hulu on?
Hulu is available on almost all devices listed below;
- LG TV
- Echo Show
- Mac and PC
- Samsung TV
- Nintendo Switch
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick.
- Xbox, Xfinity X1 TV Boxes*
- Android phones, tablets, and TV
- Apple TV (4th gen or later), iPhones, and iPads.
How do I install the Hulu app?
Installing Hulu on your Android device is super easy. However, before installing the App, you need to make sure that your Android Model is 5.0 and Above. To install Hulu on your Android devices, follow the simple steps given below;
- Open the Google Play Store search for “Hulu.”
- Click the green Hulu icon.
- Tap to Install, and click OK to confirm
The latest Hulu app allows you to get Hulu on android quickly in the US. However, if you are outside the US, like Canada, you can use the best VPN, like Express VPN. The article above describes the entire method. However, if you still face any trouble, please drop your comment below.