How to Get Hulu on Roku in Canada [April 2021 Updated]
Watching a movie alone is cool, but the real fun lies in a big family movie night on your flat screen. But are you unaware of how to get Hulu in Canada on Roku? Worry not, because we have the right fix for that so you can watch the latest trending movies on Hulu with your family.
Hulu is currently upgrading its system and hence is not available on older Roku devices. Moreover, the latest app supports VOD along with Live TV, Add ons, and all the premium features.
How to Get Hulu on Roku in Canada (April 2021 Guide)
Mentioned below is the complete method on how to get Hulu on Roku in Canada using a VPN.
The Roku devices currently do not support any VPN; in order to connect it to one, you need either a VPN Wi-Fi router or Smart DNS. In this guide, we will enlighten you on ways you can connect virtually connect your router to a VPN.
But before that, you need a US Roku account to access US-based content on it. Make your account by following the steps below:
How to Set Up a US Roku Account
- Subscribe to a reliable and robust VPN; ExpressVPN is our top choice.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Sign in using your credentials and connect to a server from the US.
- Visit the Roku configuration section (owner.roku.com).
- Complete the account set up and mention the US as your country.
- Use an American zip-code. Google, if you may like.
- Reset your Roku device by long-pressing the Reset button for at least 15 seconds.
- When the device restarts, log in with your new credentials of a US-based Roku account.
Follow the steps below to set up a VPN on your router to get Hulu in Canada on Roku:
How to Set up a Virtual Router on Windows
- Visit Settings on your PC and go to Network & Internet, turn on Mobile hotspot.
- Select Wi-Fi on the “Share my internet connection” option.
- Click Edit and create a new network and password.
- On your right, click on “Change adapter options.”
- Now in the “Network Connections” screen, enter the new network name.
- Right-click on “ExpressVPN Tap Adapter” and go to properties.
- Over there, click on “Sharing” and you’ll create a hotspot for other devices to connect.
- Select the name of the internet connection you made in the dropdown menu, and select “OK.”
- Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to servers from the USA (Recommended servers: New York, Denver, and Atlanta).
- Now open your Roku device and to your new virtual router with a US server.
The next process is getting Hulu not only on your Roku device but also other devices like Apple TV, Firestick, Xbox, and Play Station 4, which is a simple task. Just find your way through the streaming apps Roku offers and look for Hulu, download, and install. Once you are done with that, just sign in using your credentials. Grab your popcorn now for an epic family movie night with your family.
Latest Hulu App
The Latest app is available on the following devices:
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku 3 and 4
- Roku 2 (model 4210X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500X or later)
- Roku TV
- 4k Roku TV
Classic Hulu App
While the Classic Hulu app, which only supports the VOD from the Hulu streaming library, supports the following Roku devices:
- Roku 2 (model 2720X)
- Roku 1 (model 2710X)
- Roku LT (model 2700X)
Besides, on this blog on how to get Hulu on Roku in Canada, the first thing you need to know is that Hulu is only available in the United States. Due to copyright and content licensing issues, the production houses running the content on Hulu have only made it visible for viewers in the US. But this is a blog for another time.
You can still get Hulu in Canada with the help of the best VPNs. A technological miracle that helps you virtually cross the borders from Canada to the US. However, the process is simple and super convenient for people who live in restricted regions. A VPN masks your original IP address and disguises it with a temporary one from the US.
This act shifts your location virtually from Canada to the US, manipulating the Hulu bots by making you look like a United States resident. Lo and behold, you can now easily access Hulu.com and sign-up using an American credit card. If you want a detailed guide on how to do that, then head over to our Hulu in Canada blog for all the tiny details.