Does Surfshark work with Hulu In Canada? [Jan. 2022 Updated]
Like Netflix and Amazon Prime, Hulu offers some of the best industry titles while releasing its original shows. The best thing is your favorite shows are available on Hulu within one day immediately after release.
Hulu IP tracking and blocking system is one of the best in the world. It can detect proxies and VPNs. If you’re wondering to know that does Shurfshark works with Hulu in Canada, you’re at the right place.
This article will tell you how to use Surfshark to watch Hulu in Canada, why you should get a VPN for Hulu, and more.
Not all VPN providers can confirm compatibility with Hulu. Fortunately, Surfshark is one of those VPNs, not only help you access Hulu and provide a smooth and 4K streaming experience.
The Overview of Surfshark VPN
|Best Plan:||$2.21/mo. on a 2-year plan|
|Max Servers:||3,200+ Servers in 65 Countries|
|Simultaneous Connections:||Unlimited Devices|
|Supported Resolution:||4K Quality|
|Headquarters:||The British Virgin Islands|
|Other Platforms:||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sling TV, Disney+|
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Hulu?
While living in Canada or any other country outside the US, you will need a VPN to access Hulu on your TV, computer, or smartphone. Hulu is a one-step forward in the streaming market in terms of blocking unauthorized access. Its tracking systems are more powerful than Netflix.
For example, if you try to access Hulu from any unauthorized country like Canada, you will receive an error message. To overcome this error and escape the Hulu tracking system, you need a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service.
A VPN hides your IP address and generates another to bypass geo-restrictions. Not all VPNs and proxies can unlock Hulu due to its modern tracking system, which actively monitors and blocks VPNs. So, to unblock Hulu, you will need a reliable VPN. That’s where the Surfshark comes in!
Does Surfshark work with Hulu In Canada?
Just a few VPNs can function with highly protective websites like Hulu, and Surfshark is one of them. It uses remote servers that redirect encrypted data to standard HTTPS traffic and escape Hulu tacking and blocking.
With 3,200+ high-speed servers, it allows you to stream Hulu content in 4K on high-resolution devices, including as Apple TV or Fire TV. By using the ability to connect unlimited devices, you can share subscriptions with your friends and family.
Surfshark is a very secure VPN. It uses AES-256-CBC encryption. Moreover, it has a proven log policy, which Cure53, a German cybersecurity company, has tested. All in all, the Surfshark is an inexpensive option that offers excellent value!
How to Watch Hulu via Surfshark
Follow the below steps to download and install Surfshark on your favorite device and enjoy watching Hulu movies with the best VPN instantly:
- Visit the official Surfshark website.
- Hit the “Stream Anything” button.
- Choose a pricing plan of your choice.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Complete the checkout process.
- Download and install the Surfshark app for your device.
(I am using the windows app, you may download the Android or iPhone app)
- Open the app, sign in and connect to the US server.
- Visit the Hulu website Start watching your favorite movie right away!
That’s all about how does Surfshark work with Hulu In Canada!
Hulu Not Working with Surfshark – Troubleshoot
Sometimes you may get into trouble and not access Hulu, even if you use a trusted VPN like Surfshark. That’s because of Hulu’s VPN tracking systems. However, no need to worry; there are specific ways to deal with these problems as well.
If you experience a problem while unlocking the Hulu with Surfshark, contact the Surfshark support team. It has 24/7 customer support. And make sure you are using Hulu compatible server.
In some cases, the server you are connecting with may not be configured with Hulu. Therefore, it is better to use recommended servers from the Surfshark Support team.
Check your IP address
Sometimes, while using Surfshark, you do not notice that your VPN is disconnected, or it may show a connection but does not restore your data through its servers.
Try checking your IP address; if it shows an area near your region and not the US, then disconnect and connect the VPN again to resolve this issue.
Another problem could be your DNS cache, which is stored on your system and may contain your location information. Hulu can easily find this information in your DNS. Therefore, clearing this cache may help to access Hulu. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Disconnect Surfshark and close its app on your device.
- Press the “Windows + R” keys to open the “Run” application.
- Type “cmd” in the Run “Prompt to open the command window.
- In the command window, type “ipconfig / flushdns,” then press Enter to remove the DNS cache.
- Reconnect Surfshark and try playing Hulu again.
Clear Browser Cache
Your browser saves the version of the website you are visiting to help you find it next time quickly. If you have previously tried to unlock Hulu without an advanced VPN, the Hulu cached version is likely stored in your browser. So, it would help if you cleared it by following the instructions below.
- Disconnect Surfshark.
- Go to the menu at the top of your Chrome browser.
- Click on “Multiple Tools” and select “clear browsing data.”
- Click the “wipe data” button
- Restart Surfshark and check whether it is working with Hulu or not.
Disable IPv6 connectivity
- Disconnect Surfshark and close its app.
- Go to Run Prompt by hitting the key (Windows + R).
- Typing “ncpa.cpl” in Run Prompt to open network connections.
- Find your connected connection.
- In the “Networking” tab, deselect “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6)”.
- Press the “Windows + R” keys to open the “Run” application.
- Type “cmd” in the Run “Prompt to get the command window.
- Type “ipconfig / flushdns” in the command window, then press Enter to clear the DNS cache.
- Reconnect Surfshark and enjoy streaming Hulu!
Does Surfshark work with Hulu In Canada? – FAQs
When you try to find whether Surfshark works with Hulu In Canada or not, you may find yourself asking some questions. Here I highlight frequently asked questions with answers.
Does Hulu work with Surfshark?
Yes, Hulu works perfectly with Surfshark because the provider has optimized every US server to stream Hulu. Using Surfshark, you can enjoy Hulu on any of your favorite devices, including laptop, desktop, smartphone, smart TV, and more.
Can I use a VPN to watch Hulu in Canada?
Yes, you can use VPN to watch Hulu in Canada. However, to create your account for Hulu, you need to use a US-based friend Credit Card or gift card. After creating a Hulu account, download and install the VPN app. We recommend Express VPN as it has a 100% success rate and comes with a 30-day refund guarantee. Launch the VPN app and sign in.
Does Surfshark work in Canada?
Yes, Surfshark works in Canada. It can be used to bypass geo-restrictions and watch your favorite movies and TV shows on Hulu. Besides, you can use it to access US Netflix, well-known for the most extensive library. Finally, Surfshark can protect your privacy and allows you to stream with buffering.
How do I use Hulu with Surfshark?
To use Hulu with Surfshark, follow the below steps.
- Subscribe for Surfshark VPN.
- Download and Install the Surfshark app.
- Sign in to the VPN app and connect to a server-based in the US.
- Log in to your Hulu account and Enjoy streaming!
The article above is helpful for those interested to know that does surfshark work with Hulu in Canada or not. We have explained how to watch Hulu in Canada using surfshark and the additional benefits of VPN. If you still have any queries, please drop your comment below.